Ideas for random acts of kindness
...that will brighten someone's day, as well as yours.
The power of acts of kindness cannot be measured. That is why I wrote this article, to give you ideas for things you can do for other people that will help them and help you.
Why do this?
Spreading kindness is contagious. You remember the last time some stranger held the elevator door for you or returned something that you left behind? Remember how good and appreciative you felt towards that person.
Do you remember how good you felt? Like you matter. Giving is a great self esteem booster and its win/win because you are helping this world become a better place and you're helping yourself.
This list will be ongoing :)
- Cook a meal for a loved one
- Clean a loved ones room
- Make cookies for everyone
- Give a loved one a back massage
- Walk the Dog
- Buy/Pick some fresh flowers and place as center piece
- Change the linens
- Buy a piece of artwork for the house or make one
- Help with the groceries
- Tell your loved ones I love them
- Refill the coffee pot
- Help a worker with a project you are not assigned to
- Organized Intermural sports team
- Hold the door open for someone
- Introduce yourself to someone new
- Bring in treats(cookies, brownies, candies)
- Bring someone a souvenir from a trip
- Wash someones coffee mug
- Do a food or coat drive
- Give someone a hug
- Write a Thank you note
- Make someone laugh
- Let someone go in line in front of you
- Pay the tab of someone behind you in line
- Return the shopping cart
- Volunteer to pick up trash
- Leave a generous tip
- Rake your neighbors yard
- Pay someones Toll
- Thank your mail carrier
- Offer a piece of gum
More Acts of Kindness ideas
Return Home to Healthy Self Esteem