The Benefits of Eating Well Should Never be a Mystery
Eating well affects your overall health, your health affects your body image, and your body image affects your self esteem.
Along with boosting your self esteem, a healthy diet keeps you healthy and helps to prevent health risks like, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and cancer.
Eating well is when you eat foods that contain all the essential nutrients and a good amount of water. Also keep in mind "macro-nutrients", such as fats, proteins, carbohydrates and calories for energy.
According to the World Health Organization these are the recommendations that we should generally follow when choosing to eat and live healthy.
- Maintain a healthy Weight
- Limit eating fats in general but when you do eat fats make it unsaturated rather than saturated fats.
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts.
- Limit sugar intake(that is well known)
- Limit salt/sodium consumption. (Start looking at labels, some foods like canned soups have more sodium than you realize.
Here is a list of fat burning foods:
- Greek yogurt: It is a great and delicious form of protein. It has double the protein as regular yogurt. And it keeps you full.
- Cinnamon: This spice is known to stabilize blood sugar levels and helps control your appetite.
- Hot peppers: They contain a substance called capsaicin. It helps curb your appetite and speeds up your metabolism. You also eat less when you food is spicy.
- Grapes and Raisins: They help you stay full. 2 cups of grapes or 1/4 cup of raisins is only 100 calories. I usually go for the grapes.
Also let not forget these power foods:
- Sweet potatoes
- Acorn squash
- Whole wheat
- Brown Rice
- Lean beef
Stay away from the junk food as much as possible and get some natural stuff in your diet.
These corporations don't care about your health, all they care about is the bottom line. They will get away with as much as possible.
Read nutritional information on your foods carefully.
Here are some to stay away from:
- Propyl Gallate: This stuff is thought to cause cancer.
- BHA and BHT: Used in cereals, chewing gum, vegetable oil and potato chips, these additives have been found by some studies to cause cancer in rats.
- Potassium Bromate: Found in breads, This stuff also causes cancer in animals. Bromate is banned all over the world except the United States and Japan.
- Monosodium glutamate or (MSG): No one should be using this flavor enhancer, if they are run fast. It can make you very sick.
- Sodium Nitrite: This stuff also cause in cancer in humans. Its usually in your cured meats and bacon.
It is up to you to watch out for your own health. Support your local farmers, buy organic fruits, vegetables and meats. Eating well might be a bit more expensive now but it is a lot cheaper than your medical bills later in your life.
Eating Well and Phycial Fitness
Vitamins and Herbal Supplements for Good Health
Return Home to Healthy Self Esteem